Where Conversations Go When You're On A Road Trip

So, I was watching "Criminal Minds" tonight. You know, the weekly show that makes you paranoid that someone is stalking you and waiting to murder you in your bed? You especially feel that way when one of their crime scenes is set up with the very bedspread that you so painstakingly chose because you had the good feeling it would make your bedroom feel "comfortable and home-y". Well, needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, "Good feeling gone".
Let's get back on track. The reason I'm talking about this show is that it reminded me of a conversation that my mom and I had on the way to West Virginia recently. Let me just say, I love meaningless conversation. I guess if you're spending time with people you love and having a good time, then it's really not meaningless. It leaves you with fun memories and spurs you to write a note on Facebook. That means something. If you've taken time to stop, sit down at the computer, and put off going to bed (or the bathroom - I had a lot of water), it's a big ol' deal!
Anyway, we were driving and talking about nonsense and we ended up talking about "Criminal Minds" and then the conversation came around to my mom saying that she liked "the Black agent". This is when my husband chimes in and offers up said "Black agent's" name, Shemar Moore. It sort of made me laugh that he knew it that quick. I think it was in my mind, but not necessarily on the tip of my tongue. Of course, that meant nothing to my mom. She was talking about how stylish he was and that she liked that his character. This is the part that makes me laugh and when she reminds me of my grandma, her mother. Let me say that my grandma once ran into one of the boys in the high school and talked to him, asked him about his parents, and then when he walked away, proceeded to say "He's got a cute butt". Back to my mom. She was talking about his character and such when she quickly paused and said, " . . . and it doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes". This just makes me laugh. I know what I'm thinking when I watch the show. I know that my eyes linger a little longer on Agent Derek Morgan than say, skinny guy with long scraggly hair, but my mom?!
I think I'm a little bit my mother and my grandmother. I guess that's OK - in some ways. We shall see what my two-year old Kami will come up with. Maybe Shemar Moore has/will have a son that will grow up to be an actor. Maybe she and I can take a long trip and talk about something as meaningless as a TV show, only to realize that we have a crush on the same actor. Maybe I'll know the guy's name.

Comments

  1. My mom has a thing for Mel Gibson. At least he's in the same age bracket as her! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts