One of Those Days

    Last night was a little rough. The wind was howling pretty fierce. AJ and Kami were both restless. 

    We brought Kami, who was howling louder than the wind, to bed with us in order to get some measure of sleep. Shortly thereafter, AJ showed up and decided he was going to lie down, not beside, but on top of Lukas. Efficient. Way to save bed space, man. 

    Lukas decided to retreat with AJ to AJ's twin bed and left me and Kami to the queen. Makes sense, right? Well, for Kami, yes. She ends up all over the place. It's so frustrating to sleep with a tiny, yet persuasive child. I was teetering on the edge of the bed most of the night. Oh, so much rest I had! 
    
    This morning, I sleepily considered what to feed my son for breakfast. 

    I asked myself, "Is it Friday? Yeah. Wait. Is it? Yes. Yes, it is Friday." 

    For those of you who are also calendar-challenged, it is not Friday, I remind you. Today is Thursday. 
    
    Why did it matter? I recently started something called "Fruit Loop Fridays." It's a fancy day when you, wait for it, eat Fruit Loops . . . on Fridays.  AJ and Kami are always asking for cereal, specifically Fruit Loops, for breakfast. I decided that Fridays would be a good day to set a date with the circular, sugary, crunchy, oh-so-yummy cereal that my children have grown to love. (I actually buy generic brands, but "Fruit and Frosted Oh's Fridays" just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.)

     I didn't even realize my error until mentioning to my husband that his son was chowing down on some Fruit Loops, to which he inquired, "On Thursday?" 

    Swizzlesticks.

Comments

  1. A night without sleep should always equal Fruit Loop "Thursday" no matter what the day of the week is.
    About my template, it was free off of www.splitdecisionz.com I did tweak the header a bit in Photoshop, but everything else was a cinth to install. You should also check out www.thecutestblogontheblock.com They have a TON of free templates and they are super easy to upload.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts