AJ's Budding Art Skills

    Like most children, AJ loves to color and draw. His "drawings" were always just scribbles all over the page. I loved to watch him even when it didn't make any obvious sense what he was doing. 

     Last night, I gave him a pad of paper that we ended up with from the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN. He had a pen in his meal from Arby's that he wanted to try out, so he sat down at his little table and started to it while I was making dinner (Chicken enchiladas, I know you’re wondering). 

    Before long, he started showing me what he was drawing. He was so excited. He showed me all kinds of things including a horse, a crab, and a pig. I was in a little bit of a hurry while making dinner, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to them last night, but I could tell where the legs were and that alone made me laugh. 

    This morning, I stopped to look through the pad of paper again. AJ put some kind of mark on every single page - no page unturned. I looked closely at the drawings and just laughed. I love his interpretation of everything. The first picture is a "pig". I LOVE how he does the legs. 

   
    The second picture is a horse. I laughed so hard when I looked at its eyes compared to the pig's, just tiny little dots.
 
   
 
    This is a crab. His eyes are appropriately sized.
 
 

    These might only be fun for me, but I hope you enjoyed them as well. It's so interesting to see how his motor skills improve and that he can put what is in his mind down onto paper. 

Comments

Popular Posts